What's included when I hire a kombi?
- A careful and courteous driver
- White satin ribbon on each vehicle
- A bridal kit including a sewing kit and many other items in case of an emergency
- Large umbrellas in case of rain
- An esky with ice
- Chilled water
- Champagne glasses (6 per vehicle)
Book early to avoid disappointment
Kombis are unique and availability is limited. Our kombis tend to book out very quickly. Currently, we are taking bookings 12 months in advance. Please don't leave your booking to the last minute. You can secure the vehicle with a holding deposit ($100 per kombi). Sep-May is always heavily booked with multiple weddings every week.
How many people can a kombi seat?
This is one of our most commonly asked questions. George has seating for up to 8 people (9 including the driver) but for your comfort and safety we limit the number of passengers. For a wedding, we recommend you aim for 4-5 people per vehicle but we can take up to 6 passengers.
In our experience, the bride should feel special on her wedding day. She always appreciates and enjoys the extra room for her dress, plus the bridal party can be relaxed and happy on the way to the ceremony.
How much time will I need?
Every wedding is different. We've done bookings ranging from 2 - 11 hours in duration. The duration will depend on where we pick you up from, the driving distances, ceremony and photography times & locations. Having said that, most of our brides need between a 3 - 5 hour service.
This includes pick up, transport to the ceremony (we will wait for you during the service); we take you for photographs (we will wait for you at these locations) and then drop off at the reception.
Here are some tips: -
- We suggest you consider adding at 30-45 minutes to your hire time for the following reasons.
- Weddings are busy days with a lot happening in a short space of time. You need a buffer to allow for hair, make-up, that last minute photos, friends and family who are running late or who may run back to the house or room for forgotten items.
- If you're having a church service, these are often longer in duration than civil outdoor ceremonies
- Allow time immediately after the ceremony for a group photograph and some family photos
- Allow time immediately after the ceremony for your guests to congratulate you
- Talk to your photographer about the timing of the day so they can help you keep to schedule
- Talk to your venue about your arrival time. It's important not to be too late as they like to prepare for your arrival as well as ensure the food they are serving is at it's best
- Sunset times can be checked here
Drinking, smoking and eating are not permitted inside the vehicle. Celebratory drinks are normally enjoyed during the photography session. We can prepare a small esky with ice for you to keep your champagne, beer or water cool. Each kombi has a set of 6 champagne glasses for you to use.
Why choose Kombi Weddings?
Our standards are very high and we are committed to providing you with a quality product and an excellent experience. Kombi Weddings is NOT a booking agent for other kombi owners. We prefer to deliver a product that is of a consistently high standard. See our testimonials page to see what our bridal couples say.
We proudly and regularly showcase our vehicles at bridal fairs and encourage vehicle inspection.
When you book with Kombi Weddings, you will know that you are booking the best kombis in Sydney that have been immaculately restored and regularly serviced. We invite you to inspect them at one of the wedding expos or we can organise a time to suit you.
We are reisgtered business and an accredited operator with the NSW Department of Transport. See our awards page for the full list
Our professionalism and the quality of our kombis is recognised by our industry partners. We are a trusted preferred transport supplier to many wedding venues in Sydney.
Most importantly, we love what we do! We understand that a wedding is one of life's most important events and consider it a privilege to be part of your special day.
Your safety is important to us
The kombis are covered by comprehensive insurance and 3rd party liability insurance (Green Slip). You are covered by our business/public liability insurance.
Our drivers have full licences and are also accredited with the Department of Motor Transport. They will arrive on-time, they will be professional, dressed appropriately, know where they are going but most importantly, endeavour to make it a fun and relaxed experience for you!
Our kombis are Australian built, right hand drive vehicles. This means that you and your bridal party will disembark safely onto the footpath and not into on-coming traffic.
Choosing your wedding car transport
If you're considering a classic car such as a kombi, we recommend the following: -
Personally inspect the vehicle choices you are considering. The standard of kombis promoted as wedding cars vary considerably. They are not all restored to the same high standard as you will find at KOMBI WEDDINGS. They may look acceptable on a website but you should go and have a look.
Kombis (and many other classic cars) are not air conditioned. Air conditioning was not a ready option in the 1960s and 1970s. It is important that you check that all windows can be opened. This is a feature of all our kombis.